Saturday 6 January 2007

Wake up and its choice time for today’s training trip.
The exotic destinations on offer are a) Rotherham, b) Barnsley c) Chesterfield.
Right, the clear winner was Barnsley!!!!!!

Off we set, past Meadowhall looking out for sign to the cycle path to Barnsley , no sign of it(pun intended), so it looks like Rotherham via the towpath.
The canal tow path cuts thought the scrap yards either side of it like the river Nile through deserts of sand in Egypt(oh look a flying pig coming into land).
Arrive in Rotherham and find a blue cycling sign with three destinations, the type that are too easy for vandals to turn around or the wind.
So I have three choices, follow the sign what points to the town centre via the canal (literally). The Meadow hall sign which points into the court building. Or the third one which points back to where I have just come from labelled Armageddon, I choose Armageddon, it nice this time of year.
On the way back I stop to have a drink. The Ballast makes contact with mother earth for the first time as I can’t hold the cycle up stood still.

CCC cycles Sheffield has agreed to kindly assist in my mission by servicing the cycle.

No comments: